RIP Habs Broads

on 93.9FM The VOICE
Artie

RIP Habs Broads

Postby Artie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:49 am

Where da fuck is everybody

Craig slaved all weekend long to put this back together and nobody is using it.
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:

Dog

Re: RIP Habs Broads

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 am

:tumbleweeds:

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:54 am

Can you believe the Lightning will win the Stanley's Cup? The Lightning! We could of had them!

Habs aren't too far off, ladies.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 am

Hello?

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:00 am

Hi.
Context: look at how silly the world would be... without context.

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLCfzgx6r0

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:01 am

Personally, I'm afraid I'll break something if I post too much.

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:03 am

Not everyone is as computer savvy as you guys, let them tame this beast of novelties!

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 am

So, my daughter asked me yesterday what's inside the human body. So I show her the organs on an anatomy chart on the internets thinking she'll get grossed out but she wasn't fazed. She became most interested in the heart, so I explain the circulatory system and she goes off to daycare and apparently starts telling everybody that the heart is a pump for blood and doesn't look like how you draw it and this and that. She's weird.

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:06 am

T'as déjà brisé sa belle naïveté d'enfant Dog, bravo

:slowclap:

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 am

IcE ColD wrote:T'as déjà brisé sa belle naïveté d'enfant Dog, bravo

:slowclap:

Just wait til I get into evolution. I've held myself back so far when her questions lead there.

I do wonder if it "breaks the innocence" too much. She's not fazed by much of what I tell her (the most was probably when I told her that humans are animals). I worry that it could kill wonder (I remember freaking out when I learned that stars where distance suns or that everything was made of atoms), but it seems to fuel curiosity so far and she seems to see the world pretty analytically -she just doesn't seem surprised by much.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:17 am

Sinon, all is well. Starting to look forward to some vacation time. Haven't taken more than a few days here and there since last summer.

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:20 am

Dog wrote:Just wait til I get into evolution. I've held myself back so far when her questions lead there.

I do wonder if it "breaks the innocence" too much. She's not fazed by much of what I tell her (the most was probably when I told her that humans are animals). I worry that it could kill wonder (I remember freaking out when I learned that stars where distance suns or that everything was made of atoms), but it seems to fuel curiosity so far and she seems to see the world pretty analytically -she just doesn't seem surprised by much.

That's a good question. It could. She might be one day grateful that you never tried to romanticize that kind of stuff. Or she might accuse you of breaking her childhood innocence. But only the fact that you take time to explain to her, in terms she will understand, I think this part is pretty good for her and her relationship with her daddy.

Does she already knows about Santa Claus and such stuff or you play it straight for every topic?

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:23 am

Dog wrote:Sinon, all is well. Starting to look forward to some vacation time. Haven't taken more than a few days here and there since last summer.

What's this vacation thing you speak of?

Brown Socks

Postby Brown Socks » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 am

Dog wrote:So, my daughter asked me yesterday what's inside the human body. So I show her the organs on an anatomy chart on the internets thinking she'll get grossed out but she wasn't fazed. She became most interested in the heart, so I explain the circulatory system and she goes off to daycare and apparently starts telling everybody that the heart is a pump for blood and doesn't look like how you draw it and this and that. She's weird.

wait until you get questions about sexual organs. i think i mentioned about my wife's brainfart a month or so ago. well, since we've had other discussions around how babies are made and such. we've been tiptoeing around the subject and telling them that we'll discuss it more in the summer when we aren't so busy.

it's a tough line to walk between too much information and too little.

:shakeshead:

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:31 am

IcE ColD wrote:
Dog wrote:Just wait til I get into evolution. I've held myself back so far when her questions lead there.

That's a good question. It could. She might be one day grateful that you never tried to romanticize that kind of stuff. Or she might accuse you of breaking her childhood innocence. But only the fact that you take time to explain to her, in terms she will understand, I think this part is pretty good for her and her relationship with her daddy.

Does she already knows about Santa Claus and such stuff or you play it straight for every topic?

It's not that I think that she'll accuse me of anything, just wondering what fosters the most "love" for learning. She's pretty curious by nature and the questions come from her. I explain, she gets interested, asks follow up questions, asks again later -you can tell she thinks about it. She's the enthousiastic type and is pretty much interested about everything. But I do wonder if too early kills the sense of wonder. If you've always known the universe to be incomprehensibly big, well it's not a wonder when you find out later (as it was for me). That since of wonder can act as a hook. On the other hand, she seems naturally curious and giving "scientific" explanations trains her to think in that way. I find it's reflected in her questions.

She still believes in Santa Claus. Last year she had trouble with the flying raindeer, I told her they wer magic and she told me I had said magic doesn't exit for real. She didn't keep it up, though. She seemed to believe it. It's not that I want to burst her bubble, it's just what do you tell them when they ask what lightning is, etc. We watched a documentary about space a few weeks ago. In it, they discussed analysis of the colour spectrum in light from different stars. So, I explained that visible light is made up of various colours that you can separate. Yesterday I was reading her a story in which there was a rainbow. I asked her what was the raindow with all the colours. She said it was light from the sun that got separated. Very matter of fact. I thought that was so cute.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:36 am

Brown Socks wrote:
Dog wrote:So, my daughter asked me yesterday what's inside the human body. So I show her the organs on an anatomy chart on the internets thinking she'll get grossed out but she wasn't fazed. She became most interested in the heart, so I explain the circulatory system and she goes off to daycare and apparently starts telling everybody that the heart is a pump for blood and doesn't look like how you draw it and this and that. She's weird.

wait until you get questions about sexual organs. i think i mentioned about my wife's brainfart a month or so ago. well, since we've had other discussions around how babies are made and such. we've been tiptoeing around the subject and telling them that we'll discuss it more in the summer when we aren't so busy.

She started kinda asking. I kept your wife's brainfart in mind. She told me that babies comes from private parts. I said yes, but where the hell did she learn that. She said she saw it in movies (?!). I guess she must have seen an animal documentary or something. Last weekend I was making omelettes and she helped me. When we were eating she asked if we were eating baby chicks. I told her no. Said the eggs are from chickens but not all eggs have chicks. They need to be fertilized. Mof course she asks what fertilized means. I kinda just changed the subject.

Mufasa

Postby Mufasa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:50 am

Artie, there isn't much posting in this time of the year anyways. Plus the new site is not phone friendly yet, so till then a lot of posting will be lost to plain lazynes.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:55 am

Lazyness, thy gave birth to and thy will kill the broads.

:why:

Not

Postby Not » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 am

I see we are back to posting the mundane :maw:

Carry on :danson:

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:01 am

Not wrote:I see we are back to posting the mundane :maw:

Carry on :danson:

Special request from artie. Then, he disapears.

Brown Socks

Postby Brown Socks » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:03 am

Dog wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:

She started kinda asking. I kept your wife's brainfart in mind. She told me that babies comes from private parts. I said yes, but where the hell did she learn that. She said she saw it in movies (?!). I guess she must have seen an animal documentary or something. Last weekend I was making omelettes and she helped me. When we were eating she asked if we were eating baby chicks. I told her no. Said the eggs are from chickens but not all eggs have chicks. They need to be fertilized. Mof course she asks what fertilized means. I kinda just changed the subject.

"Some day a really nice boy is going to stick his wiener in you and squirt out some sticky stuff that will make it's way to your eggs. And then you'll never sleep well again for the rest of your life. Good luck."

*walks away from the conversation*

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:04 am

Dog wrote:Special request from artie. Then, he disapears.

That's a recurring thing on Broads

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:06 am

Brown Socks wrote:"Some day a really nice boy is going to stick his wiener in you and squirt out some sticky stuff that will make it's way to your eggs. And then you'll never sleep well again for the rest of your life. Good luck."

The wisdom of an experienced father.

She'll never speak to boys again....

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:08 am

Dog wrote:The wisdom of an experienced father.

She'll never speak to boys again....

I thought this was the main objective of any father of a daughter.

:dunno:

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:29 am

I think these stories of you fellas with your kids are fascinating (no sarcasm) and there should maybe be a parenting thread or summat so that it's easy to find. Why make mistakes myself when I can learn from yours :busky:

I think it might be worth it to have some examples of the curiosity of science for your daughter, Dog. Like things that we're still trying to figure out or that even with all this technology we still discover new species or that there's still so much that we don't know about the human body (like that people who've trained their muscles before can increase their strength faster than those that have not). Having a science background is awesome and I wish I had more of that growing up, but there's still plenty of wonder.

For when she's a bit older I'd seriously recommend you buy her "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman". Hearing about Richard Feynman's curiosity and his approach to life was inspiring, I wish I had read it earlier in my life.

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:47 am

Brown Socks wrote:
Dog wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:

"Some day a really nice boy is going to stick his wiener in you and squirt out some sticky stuff that will make it's way to your eggs. And then you'll never sleep well again for the rest of your life. Good luck."

Sure, turn your daughter into a butch dyke.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:48 am

You want me to teach her about muscle building broscience, malthus?

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:49 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
Sure, turn your daughter into a butch dyke.

An asexual being until she decides to marry a nice boy in her early 30s and give me a couple grandkids.

:crossarms:

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:49 am

Dog wrote:You want me to teach her about muscle building broscience, malthus?

Fits with what PPJ said.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:
Dog wrote:You want me to teach her about muscle building broscience, malthus?

Fits with what PPJ said.

I'll give your book a read, malthus.

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:54 am

If you ever bothered to visit me I'd give you my copy.

:bert:

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:55 am

Aren't you coming to mtl this summer?

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:55 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:If you ever bothered to visit me I'd give you my copy.

Mail it to him.

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:55 am

Dog wrote:Aren't you coming to mtl this summer?

We all come to Montreal in the summer. We just don't tell you folks when.

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:57 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:We all come to Montreal in the summer. We just don't tell you folks when.

Then don't ever complain that we go to TO and don't tell you folks.

Although we usually do, because we're whores like that.

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:00 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:We all come to Montreal in the summer. We just don't tell you folks when.

Then don't ever complain that we go to TO and don't tell you folks.

Although we usually do, because we're whores like that.

I haven't complained about that.

Only thing I ever complained about was being invited out, saying maybe and then no follow-up as to the when and where.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:03 pm

You said you couldn't make it downtown because your wife had you on a leash!

(Also maybe because you have 4 kids)

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Dog wrote:You said you couldn't make it downtown because your wife had you on a leash!

(Also maybe because you have 4 kids)

We could have had a conference call :crossarms:

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:06 pm

I'd like to but things are pretty busy and I'm trying to save as much as I can for school.

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:If you ever bothered to visit me I'd give you my copy.

Mail it to him.

What the fuck is "mail"?

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:

I'd like to but things are pretty busy and I'm trying to save as much as I can for school.

Damn it, malthus, it's a 2 hour ride from Ottawa. Do a same day if you must. You've never visited mtl and its pretty and slutty women in the summer!

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Dog wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:

Damn it, malthus, it's a 2 hour ride from Ottawa. Do a same day if you must. You've never visited mtl and its pretty and slutty women in the summer!

I have a wonderful fiancé, whom I love, Dog.

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:
Dog wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:

I have a wonderful fiancé, whom I love, Dog.

So bring her!

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Dog wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:

AND GUIDOS AND DOUCHES TOO!

IcE ColD

Postby IcE ColD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:I have a wonderful fiancé, whom I love, Dog.

She can read this, right?

Jon Stewart - 11/06/2014

Dog

Postby Dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
Dog wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:

You have to stay away from crescent street and st-leonard, joe.

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Postby Thomas Malthus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:42 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:I have a wonderful fiancé, whom I love, Dog.

She can read this, right?

I've never seen her on broads but I'm not convinced she isn't scoping this place out while I'm at work.

I'll look into coming. I'm only working 4 days a week this summer so I can turn any weekend into a long weekend (or an extra long weekend by taking Friday and the following Monday). But if I'm coming up I'll need you salt of the earth folks to show me the ropes, so let's make a plan and get a good date that works.

Psycho Papa Joe

Postby Psycho Papa Joe » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Dog wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
Dog wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:

You have to stay away from crescent street and st-leonard, joe.

The best friend I have from Montreal grew up in St. Leonard. He's neither a guido or a douche :crossarms:

Artie

Postby Artie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:54 pm

I have a quick court appearance and will be back shortly. BTW I am not guilty
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:

Brown Socks

Postby Brown Socks » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Artie wrote:I have a quick court appearance and will be back shortly. BTW I am not guilty

not beyond a reasonable doubt anyway.

Return to “Morning Train Talk with JN and the DOG”